Press / Media > Press Releases > Open for Submissions - Send in your films!
Open for Submissions - Send in your films!
The 4th Annual India International Film Festival of Tampa Bay (IIFF Tampa) explores the diversity and dynamism of India from the shores of beautiful Tampa Bay, Florida. The festival introduces up-and-coming filmmaking talents to large and enthusiastic crowds, and connects writers, directors, and actors with the distributors and investors that can elevate careers and open doors.
In addition to providing a great filmmaker experience, IIFF Tampa presents juried and audience awards to the best feature, documentary, and short films in the festival. Many official selections have gone on to further success as well. Following its screening at IIFF Tampa, the short film Kavi won the 2009 Student Academy Award and snagged an Academy Award nomination in 2010. Four feature films from 2012 festival have already earned theatrical releases this year. Submit your film to the India International Film Festival of Tampa Bay for the chance to mix and mingle with like-minded artists and industry pros!
We constantly strive to provide a strong platform where independent film makers can showcase their efforts and skills. The majority of films during the 2012 Film Festival will be independent films. A total of 28-30 films will be screened during the film festival.
Selection of films for the 2013 film festival will be done in two rounds. Naturally, early submissions will enjoy an advantage as there will be more open slots to begin with. For this reason we encourage you to submit your film at the earliest possible. This also gives us the opportunity to maximize the marketing and exposure of the selected films.
Submission Rules Guidelines:
- All films should be produced in 2011 or later.
- The length of the film can be anything upto 150mins (2.5 hrs)
- Films may be shorts, feature films, documentaries or music videos.
- Films may or may not have an Indian theme.
- Films may be by indian or international film-makers.
- Film-makers may submit more than one entry (Each entry must be accompanied by the entry form)
- Films should meet at least one of the following criteria
- Should be from or about the Indian sub-continent.
- Should be related to India or Indian sub-culture elsewhere.
- Should have prominent creative input or acting by artists of Indian origin.
If your film is selected, then apart from the formats/prints for screening (See right), you will be required to provide the following:
- Full credits.
- Film stills/artwork/poster images in moderate to high resolution.
- Full list of awards and earlier screenings at other film festivals.
- Trailer or film clips (Recommended but not mandatory).
- Posters (Recommended but not mandatory).
- Flyers/brochures (Recommended but not mandatory).
Early Bird - October 21 , 2012, Entry Fee: $ 15
Regular Deadline - November 4, 2012, Entry Fee: $ 20
Late Deadline - November 18, 2012, Entry Fee: $ 30
An Extended deadline of November 25, 2012 is provided through WithoutABox(only).
For more information or to submit your film, please check out our submissions page - http://iifftampa.com/submissio